Wandering the Desert

When The Way leads you into the Desert

My Photo
Name:
Location: Norman, Oklahoma

Friday, June 23, 2006

The Dream of a Wall

I had a dream about wandering in the desert. In my dream, I came upon a huge wall. This wall was built on the foundation of the world, and supported the sky and heavens above. It was built out of massive stones, either 66 or 73 or 77 of them - the exact number was unclear in the dream. The wall stretched from horizon to horizon, and I new that I could not go around it, under it, or over it.

I took a closer look at one of the stones in the wall - I studied it, I felt all over it, I came to know this massive block of stone. In my dream, a strange thing happened – the stone began to fade into thin air, and eventually to vanish completely. Now this massive wall had a great big hole in it.

I ignored the hole for the moment, and concentrated on the adjacent block. Because of the hole, I could examine not only the face of this block, but also the side where the hole was. Just as before, this block too began to fade from sight. The more blocks I studied, the more blocks vanished, and the wall began to look like Swiss cheese. There were as many holes as there were blocks and I began to worry that the whole wall might collapse.

The wall did not collapse however - but, I did not stop studying. Eventually, I was left with a truly amazing sight. Every stone that touched the ground had vanished, and the wall was floating in mid-air. It hung there, rock solid as ever, and yet completely suspended. Unfortunately, I woke up from my dream about this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home